National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey Admission
- Journey under the ocean from the South Pacific to the California coast
- Immerse yourself without getting wet using groundbreaking technology and photo-realistic animation
- Encounter sea lions, Humboldt squid, a Humpback whale, and more in their natural environments
- Discover Exploration Hall where you can learn how to be a defender of our oceans in everyday life
Your Encounter journey begins with a guided tour through rarely-witnessed moments in nature: you’ll experience a battle between two ferocious Humboldt squid, visit a luminous coral reef at night, and more. Once you “swim” through a kelp forest, you’ll continue at your own pace, as you encounter playful sea lions, find yourself in the middle of a magnificent bait ball feeding frenzy, and get up-close with a life-sized 50-foot Humpback whale.
You’ll then dive even deeper on your adventure in the Exploration Hall. Hear breathtaking stories from National Geographic photographers and deep-sea explorers. Take on ocean gaming challenges, learn about the sea’s greatest wonders and mightiest creatures, and discover how you can be a champion for our oceans in everyday life. Developed and produced by a team of Academy, Emmy and Grammy Award-winning artists, Encounter is an unforgettable immersive experience certain to thrill explorers of all ages.
- Admission to National Geographic Encounter
- All taxes and fees
Prepare for the activity
- Food and drinks
- Flash photography
• The recommended age for the experience is 3 years and older. Children two and under do not need a ticket to enter.
• The experience is accessible to individuals with disabilities. Encounter is an immersive, interactive cinematic experience and at times includes loud sound effects and large imagery which may be challenging for some.
• Strollers are not permitted within the Experience. You will be required to check it at our coat check desk.
• Insider tip: Weekends before 4:00 PM and holidays often have limited availability upon arrival. To ensure best availability and avoid sold-out time slots, consider reserving a time in advance with the Online Check-in feature.