NYC: Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET) - Guided Museum Tour
- Take a guided tour of Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Learn about the history of this fascinating building
- Follow your guide into the largest art collection in New York City
During this tour, start at the sumptuous Great Hall before moving to the museum’s most important galleries. In Medieval Europe Gallery you’ll learn about the Studiolo from the Ducal Palace as well as armory worn by Henry VIII. The American wing hosts the staircase from the Chicago Stock Exchange as well as the iconic portrait of Washington crossing the Delaware River. Learn about the turbulent and inspiring lives of several European painters including Vermeer, Seurat and Van Gogh in the European wings.
The museum itself has stories to tell and your guide will explain how this American gallery differs from its older European counterparts, especially since it began before the United States was even 100 years old! More than just storytellers, your young, passionate and engaging guide will approach touring in a different way. They will bring a personal touch to each tour, adding their own favorite anecdotes and tips along the way. They are there to listen to you, to answer your questions and to create a dialogue – unlike other tours where they just lecture you as you go along. That’s the whole reason why the private and semi-private tour option are offered, to make sure you get the most possible out of your experience.
This 2.5-hour guided tour runs daily and it includes entrance fees, a professional art historian guide, and private and semi-private tour options. Gratuities, food, drinks, and pickup or drop-off services are not included.
- 2.5 Hour guided tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Private and semi-private tour options
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Temporary exhibits
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
• Maximum of 10 people per tour allowed
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• The tour route may be affected by national celebrations. When this occurs, you will be provided with an alternative route still being able to see all the highlights on the tour. In these cases, refunds or discounts will not be provided
• No large bags or suitcases are allowed during this tour
• Comfortable shoes, a bottle of water, umbrella in case of rain, and a hat during summer are recommended
• Due to increased security measures at many attractions, some can’t be visited from the inside.
• Wheelchair-friendly tours are available upon request only