New York: Financial District Street Food Tasting Tour
- Meet the street food vendors of New York and hear what it's like to run a food cart or food truck
- Enjoy 6 tastings, including recipes from award-winning carts and trucks
- Support the Street Vendor Project with part of your ticket price donated to the cause
Observe the genius that crams full kitchens into improbably small carts, and hear stories from proprietors, who range from struggling immigrants to culinary school dropouts and former 4-star restaurant chefs.
Along the way, learn about the history of the industry and the challenges of running these thriving, but feverishly demanding, businesses. You will never look at street carts the same way again once you see and taste the delectable dishes crafted in the curbside kitchens.
The menu rotates from day-to-day in order to best represent the variety of delicious options. Tastings may include the likes of falafel over rice, Jamaican jerk chicken with soul food sides, Bengali kati rolls, Grandma's pizza, Vietnamese bánh mì sandwiches, and gourmet hot chocolate, cappuccino, or iced coffee.
- 6 food tastings
- Bottle of water
- Postcard map of food carts and food trucks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Meet your tour guide inside the indoor public seating area at 60 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005: If you see a large indoor open space, you're in the right place. If you see a reception desk for Deutsche Bank, you've come in the wrong entrance; not to worry, the right one is just one door over.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated if advance notice is provided
• The sidewalks and streets are wheelchair-accessible if tour participants can make their way to the meeting location
You might also like...
Product ID: 65911