St. Louis Cemetery Voodoo Walking Tour in New Orleans
- Enjoy an informative tour led by an expert guide
- Pay your respects to the Queen of Voodoo
- Learn about the history of Voodoo in New Orleans
- Gain exclusive access to St. Louis Cemetery No. 1. which is not accessible to the general public
The St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, setting of the classic movie Easy Rider, contains of the graves of many famous people. One of the most famous graves is that of Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen. Here you can make a wish or even cast a spell!
Your guide will tell you stories about how Laveau could be reportedly in two places at the same time. You will learn about the evolution of voodoo, with each guest taking away his or her own Gris-Gris bag. Learn about the unique above ground burial customs and see the tombs of members of New Orleans’s society.
This is a unique, thrilling and informative tour for all curious beings! There is a fair amount of walking, so please wear comfortable shoes.
- 2-hour walking tour
- Professional guide
- Transportation from the meeting point to St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
- Food and drink
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive at the Gray Line Lighthouse at 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA (behind Jax Brewery), at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure to exchange your voucher for a boarding ticket.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Children under 6 tour for free with a paying adult.
• Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the coach. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for an accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.