New Orleans: Plantation Brunch & Swamp Tour
- Enjoy a day long adventure through Plantation and Cajun country
- Savor a delicious plantation brunch featuring a selection of country favorites
- Marvel at the south’s most beautiful settings
- Relive memories of those who lived and worked on the Creole plantation
- Cruise the Manchac Swamp with your native Cajun captain and get up close to wildlife including alligators
A few minutes down River Road, enter the world of Creole Louisiana and experience Laura plantation. This tour is based upon 5,000 pages of documents found in the French national archives and upon Laura’s "memories of the old plantation home," in which she details 250 years of true-life stories of the Creole women, slaves and children who lived and worked here.
Travel past Whitney, Evergreen, Felicity & St. Joseph plantations, ghosts of the past that front the Mississippi river, where rich crops of sugar cane, cotton and indigo from these fertile lands once traveled to ports of trade. Then it’s a short ride to the Manchac Swamp. Cruise through a wildlife refuge, home to the legend of “Rougarou”, the Cajun werewolf. You might not find the “Rougarou”, but you might get up close and personal with some alligators!
On your return to the Crescent City, enjoy a panoramic view of Lake Pontchartrain as you cross the Bonnet Carre’ Spillway (the flood outlet of the Mississippi river).
- Transportation to and from the New Orleans French Quarter
- Delicious plantation brunch featuring a selection of country favorites
- Guided tours of Oak Alley & Laura Plantations
- Swamp cruise with native Cajun guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Soft Drinks and Alcoholic Beverages (available for purchase)
When you get there
All tours begin and end at the Gray Line “Lighthouse” ticket office at Toulouse St. and the Mississippi River (at the Steamboat Natchez Dock), just one block from Jackson Square in the French Quarter.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat