New Orleans: History and Haunts Carriage Ride Night Tour
- Get out of the crowd and off your feet while taking a Haunted Tour of the French Quarter on a 1-hour mule and carriage ride
- Hear stories about ghosts, pirates, voodoo, death, haunted restaurants, and haunted hotels for your local expert guide
- Visit locations like Madame LaLaurie's House, Pirate Jean Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop, and the Gardette-LaPrete Mansion Massacre
- Upgrade to a private carriage for a group of 1 to 4 people for a more personal experience
With so much paranormal activity happening in the city, the best way to tour these haunted locations is by carriage ride at night. Historical stories of love and tragedy come to life as the professional tour guides explain the legends and lore, in addition to historical narration detailing all major landmarks throughout the French Quarter.
On the haunted tour, expect Voodoo galore, and learn about how Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen, applied her magical powers to shift the course of love, luck, and law in New Orleans. Learn about the bevy of haunted restaurants, like Muriel’s, where numerous seances have been held over the years. Witness the site of a 19th-century massacre, said to still hold ghosts of the tragedy.
You may even discover that your hotel is haunted, as the carriage ride rolls past all of the most haunted hotels in the French Quarter. Group carriage tours travel at a leisurely pace and with small groups exceeding no more than 8 passengers per carriage. For a more exclusive experience you can reserve a private carriage which holds 1 to 4 passengers.
- 1-Hour mule and carriage ride
- Licensed city tour guide
- Guided history and haunted tour of the French Quarter
- Gratuities (it is recommended to tip the guide 15-20% at the end of the tour)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (you may bring your own beverage on board)
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the yellow umbrella in front of Jackson Square -normally located on Decatur Street near St Peter Street. Royal Carriages Staff will be wearing red shirts. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• Small Pets under 20lbs are welcome
• All carriages have covered seating and the carriage tours operate in the rain or shine
• There are no refunds for missed tour appointments due to rain
• In extreme inclement weather events, tours might be cancelled for safety reasons