New Orleans Garden District Walking Tour
- Enjoy a walk through New Orleans’ elegant Garden District
- Visit the American section of town that was built to rival the architectural splendor of the Creole French Quarter
- Learn about the historic district known for its marvelous examples of Greek revival and Italianate architecture
- Tour the exquisite interior of the Opera Guild Home
As you walk along your guide will point out these architectural styles and features and share the stories of those who lived behind these grand facades. Enjoy exclusive access to the Opera Guild Home, circa 1865, on the only tour that takes you behind the wrought iron fence and inside one of the beautiful mansions of the Garden District! See how a skating rink, built for the 1884 World’s Fair, found a new life.
- Experience guide
- Exclusive access to the Opera Guild Home
- Transportation to and from Garden District
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive at the Gray Line Lighthouse at 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA (behind Jax Brewery), at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure to exchange your voucher for a boarding ticket.Open in Google Maps ⟶
The parking lot fee is approximately $11.00 to $13.00 for up to 4 or more hours unless it is a special event. When you pass Rampart St., you are in the French Quarter. Please allow for extra time due to heavy pedestrian and vehicular traffic in the French Quarter at all times.
Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the coach. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for an accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.