New Orleans: French Quarter Secrets and Bourbon Street Tour
- Take a guided tour of the French Quarter and learn how Creole culture became the heart and soul of New Orleans
- Enter a traditional gas lamp factory and see how this icon of the city is still being built to specifications developed over 100 years ago
- Explore Jackson Square and step inside the Presbytere to see exhibits on Mardi Gras and Hurricane Katrina
- Visit the most haunted building in New Orleans and step inside its infamous seance room
- Receive a beignet from the world-famous Cafe du Monde
From there, your guide will take you to Jackson Square where you’ll see landmark buildings like the Pontalba apartments (the oldest continually-occupied apartments in America), the St. Louis Cathedral, and the Cabildo (where the Louisiana Purchase was signed). You will then step inside the Presbytere for a guided tour of the interior, including exhibits on Mardi Gras and Hurricane Katrina.
You can’t visit New Orleans without a close encounter with the supernatural, so your next stop is one of the most haunted buildings in the city, where you will take a tour of its interior which includes the infamous seance room. Whether you’re a skeptic or a believer, this is an experience not to be missed.
After swinging through the old French Market and stopping at the best spot to take pictures of Jackson Square, you’ll end on a high note with a visit to Cafe du Monde, home to the city’s most beloved donuts or "beignets". Your guide will buy you one, before taking you down to the riverfront to watch the steamboats go up and down the mighty Mississippi River.
- Tickets to the Presbytere
- Beignet from the Cafe du Monde
- Local expert guide
- Additional food or alcohol purchases
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Gratuities (appreciated but never obligatory)
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
This tour will meet outside the Hard Rock Cafe on Bourbon Street - Iberville Street entrance. From Bourbon Street on the Hard Rock side, turn left on Iberville. The meeting point will be under the Hard Rock sign on Iberville Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Due to the uneven sidewalks, this tour is not wheelchair and stroller accessible