New Orleans: French Quarter & Garden District Full-Day Tour
- Stroll past some of America’s finest pre-Civil War mansions
- Immerse yourself in the creole melting pot that is the French Quarter
- Discover the atmospheric Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 – New Orleans’ most famous cemetery.
- Savor fresh pralines and beignets - New Orleans' most famous sweet treats
- Travel on the world-famous streetcar along historic St. Charles Ave
Next, you’ll hop on a historic streetcar, zipping down St. Charles Ave into the famous Garden District. Once populated by the city’s wealthiest families, this neighborhood is filled with some of the grandest mansions in America. Exploring the neighborhood, you'll visit the wonderfully atmospheric Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, and then step inside the Elms Mansion for a full tour.
After lunch at our favorite Creole restaurant, you’ll reconvene on Bourbon Street for a full tour of the French Quarter. Your guide will take you to its most important streets and landmarks in order to immerse you in the story of French, Spanish, and African people coming together to form the Creole culture. At Jackson Square you'll see landmark buildings like the St. Louis Cathedral and the Cabildo before stepping inside the Presbytere building for a full tour of the museum, including exhibits on Mardi Gras and Hurricane Katrina.
It wouldn’t be a NOLA tour without a ghost or two, so we’re also taking you inside one of New Orleans’ most haunted buildings. After a quick trip to the French Market to learn about the culinary influences that have made the city one of the foodie capitals of America, you’ll swing by the world-famous Cafe du Monde and pick up complimentary beignets, a type of French donut, then take them down to the Mississippi riverfront to snack as you watch the riverboats pass by.
- Walking Tour of Garden District including Lafayette Cemetery
- Admission to the Elms Mansion with Sweet Tea and Lemonade
- Streetcar tickets (Jazzy Pass with 1-day validity)
- Walking Tour of French Quarter
- Admission to The Presbytere
- Entry inside one of New Orleans' most haunted buildings.
- St. Charles Avenue Streetcar tickets
- Complimentary praline
- Complimentary beignet from the Cafe du Monde
- Local expert guide
- Creole Lunch, which is a choice of entree and a non-alcoholic beverage. Options may include: shrimp poboy, fried chicken, or a vegetarian option.
- Additional food or alcohol purchases
- Hotel Pickup or drop-off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
This tour will meet outside of Aunt Sally's Praline Shop on 750 St Charles Ave. in the Warehouse District. If walking from the French Quarter, walk straight down St Charles Ave from Canal. Approximate walking time is 11 minutes. If taking the St. Charles Ave streetcar from Canal toward S Carrollton (green cars), exit at Julia Street. Aunt Sally's is right across from the streetcar stop.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
- Luggage or large bags
• The walking portion of the tour is outdoors rain or shine, so please dress appropriately. Ponchos are recommended for rain while umbrellas are recommended for shade. The Garden District neighborhood experiences light flooding during the summer season so rain boots are recommended
• Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure
• Please contact the Local Tour Operator about any dietary restrictions upon booking