Louisiana Plantation & Swamp Boat Bayou Full-Day Tour Combo
Pick-up serviceHotel pick-up available from select French quarter hotels. Please contact the tour operator to see if your hotel is on the pick-up list.
- Visit one of two historical plantations, Oak Alley Plantation or Laura Plantation
- Enjoy a narrated ride across the swamps, and take in the unique scenery
- See alligators, turtles and water birds in their natural habitat
With an impressive lane of live oaks towering over the entrance of Laura plantation, Oak Alley provides us with a unique insight into the days of slavery. Built in 1837-39, the plantation is famous for its alley of 28 evenly spaced live oak trees, believed to be at least 100 years older than the house itself. Guests can also choose to visit the Laura plantation. Built in 1805, the “memoirs of Laura” exhibit will transport guests to a different time, to the lives of the creole men, women, slaves and children who occupied the plantation.
Then, be taken on a narrated tour of the swamps. The Louisiana bayous are full of alligators, turtles and beautiful water birds. Your local captain will tell you tales of Cajun people living in the swamps. The creole history is both entertaining and mysterious.
- Hotel Pick Up
- Comfortable Van Ride to Plantations
- Knowledgeable Guide
- Food or Beverages
When you get there
• Please dress comfortably.