Louisiana Bayous 2-Hour Swamp Tour
Pick-up serviceYou can be picked up from most French Quarter and Central Business District/Warehouse District hotels in New Orleans. Some hotels are inaccessible by bus.
- Experience the lush Louisiana swamps up close, as you ride a typical swamp boat
- View fascinating plant and wildlife–and keep an eye out for alligators
- Listen to legends and lore of the area as your guide takes you along the bayous
- Learn about the history of local Cajun town, Frenier
Journey by boat, Cajun-style, for a tour through the heart of Southern Louisiana's swamplands. Your swamp boat will take you into the meandering bayous where you'll see moss-draped cypress trees, fascinating plant life, and the creatures who make their homes here.
Swamp creatures are used to seeing the tour boats, so you'll likely catch a glimpse of various birds, snakes, deer, and fish, and possibly even an alligator.
As your boat drifts through the waterways, you will learn about the Louisiana Wetlands, the inhabitants of the swamp–particularly the life and habits of the American Alligator–as well as the unique history of the local Cajun town of Frenier.
- Narrated Boat Tour
- Local Captain
- Transportation (unless booked)
Prepare for the activity
110 Frenier Road, La Place, LA 70068. From New Orleans take the I-10 West (towards Baton Rouge) to the La Place Exit 209. Turn Right at the bottom of the ramp and after 0.5 mile you will arrive at Cajun Pride.Open in Google Maps ⟶