Sintra: National Palace & Gardens of Queluz Fast-Track Entry
- Marvel at the world famous gardens, fountains and canals of the Queluz National Palace
- Discover the luxurious dwellings of the the Portuguese royal family
- Explore the converted quarters of the Royal Guard of the Court
- Skip the line to get into the sights quicker and snap some of the most iconic and picturesque pictures
- Walk in the footsteps of the Portuguese Royal Family at the palace used for their festivities and celebrations
Explore the Palácio de Queluz which was once a hunting lodge, converted in the late 1700s to a royal summer residence. See the evolution of the Court’s tastes through 18th and 19th centuries, seeing evidence of Baroque, Rococo and Neoclassicism. Wander through the surrounding queen-of-hearts formal gardens, with oak-lined avenues, fountains and an azulejo-lined canal where the royals went boating.
Discover the complicated family history with a scheming Spanish daughter-in-law and eccentric British visitors. Imagine the splendour of the royals in this palace as you walk through the gilded, mirror-lined Throne Room and Pedro IV’s bedroom where he slept under a circular ceiling, surrounded by Don Quixote murals.
Enjoy a break and a delicious meal in the palace’s vast kitchens, that is now house a palatial restaurant, the elegant Cozinha Velha, where you can feast on original palace recipes such as the steamed Dover sole.
- National Palace and Gardens of Queluz Fast Track Ticket
- Transportation to the palace
Prepare for the activity
Largo Palácio de Queluz, 2745-191 Queluz, Portugal To reach the National Palace by car take the IC19 (from Lisbon) and turn off at the exit for Queluz-Palácio. GPS Coordinates: 38º 45’ 1.46” N 9º 15’ 28.40” W If taking public transportation, take Vimeca bus No. 25, bus No. 101 or No. 106 and disembark at Queluz (4 Caminhos) and Estação Queluz/Massamá. From here it is a 15-minute walk to the Palace. If taking the train, take the Sintra line and get off at the station Queluz-Belas or Monte Abrão, roughly one kilometre from the Palace.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The National Palace and Gardens of Queluz is located in Sintra, which is located about 30 kilometers from Lisbon – you can reach Sintra easily by taking the train from Lisbon
• National Palace and Gardens of Queluz opening hours: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, last admission 5:00 PM.