Pompeii & Herculaneum: Full-Day Sightseeing Tour from Naples
- Experience the traditions and daily life of the ancient cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Explore these regional gems, declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO
- Enjoy lunch at the Vesuvio restaurant
On arriving in Pompeii you’ll meet your tour guide and then explore the ruins for around 2 hours. Your guide will show you the traditions and daily life of ancient Pompeii. You’ll see the large theater, the necropolis, the thermal baths, and some of the amazing houses that were owned by the richest residents.
At the end of the Pompeii tour, you’ll visit a cameo and coral factory that’s located close to the ruins, where you’ll see the manufacturing processes used and have a chance to do a bit of shopping.
Lunch will be at the Vesuvio restaurant, which is just a short walk from the factory.
After lunch the tour heads to Herculaneum where you’ll have the chance to explore the ruins on your own. It’s possible to observe the daily life of the population here in even more detail than in Pompeii, as the mud and volcanic debris that covered the city preserved the structures and artifacts of Herculaneum incredibly well.
Please note that during the afternoon visit to Herculaneum there is no tour assistant or guide included in the visit to the ruins.
- Daily tour in Italian and English
- Return transfer by bus
- Tour assistant on the bus during the first part of the tour
- English-speaking driver for the second part of the tour (no tour assistant)
- Entrance fee to Pompeii
- Entrance fee to Herculaneum
- Tour guide in Pompeii for 6 or more participants OR earphones for less then 6 participants
- Lunch (drinks not included)
- Tour guide/earphones at Herculaneum
- Drinks (paid for on site)
Prepare for the activity
This tour includes pick-up from the following hotels and meeting points in Naples: 07:45 - Hotel Holiday Inn; 07:55 - Hotel Ramada; 08:00 - Hotel Terminus; 08:00 - Hotel Sant'Angelo; 08:05 - Hotel Cavour; 08:10 - Hotel Plaza; 08:15 - Hotel Una; 08:25 - Hotel H2C; 08:30 - Hotel NH Ambassador; 08:40 - Hotel Royal Continental; 08:45 - Hotel Vesuvio; 08:50 - Hotel Santa Lucia; 08:50 - Hotel Excelsior; 09:00 - Molo Beverello. In case of last minute booking, please contact the tour operator in order to confirm the reservation and the meeting point.Open in Google Maps ⟶