Napier: Best of Napier Small Group Tour
Pickup optionalPlease wait near hotel reception 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. The driver will be holding a sign with your last name on it. Drivers will wait no longer than 5 minutes after the scheduled pickup time.
- Learn about Napier's 1931 earthquake disaster and subsequent rebuild as an Art Deco City
- Witness spectacular views from 2 amazing lookout points
- See Art Deco homes in Napier's Marewa suburb
- Enjoy a honey tasting at Arataki Honey Visitor Centre
- Cruise through fabulous scenery including rivers, mountains, valleys, orchards, and vineyards
Visit the Bluff Hill Lookout and see spectacular views (weather and traffic permitting) and see the Art Deco houses in Napier's Marewa suburb. Cruising through the beautiful open countryside, take in rivers, estuaries, and open farmland. Then, explore the visitor centre at the largest beekeeping business in the Southern Hemisphere and sample New Zealand's unique manuka honey.
Stop at Te Mata Peak for some exceptional scenic views (again, subject to weather and traffic conditions) before exploring Birdwoods Gallery and Sweet Shop, which offers refreshments including local wines and beers, as well as an art gallery, a traditional-style sweet shop, plus a beautiful sculpture garden. Finally, return to Napier.
- Pickup and drop-off from a central meeting point
- Complimentary honey tasting at Arataki Honey Visitor Centre
- Guided tour
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
DIRECTIONS TO THE PINK FLAG MEETING POINT FOR YOUR TOUR • Upon debarkation, proceed to the free shuttle service area where you will board for a 5-minute ride into Napier. • Disembark the shuttle at the first stop outside the i-SITE Visitor Information Centre then turn to your left, walking approx. 70 metres past the Soundshell on your right hand side • Enter the Soundshell area, then approach the sundial at the far end of the paved area where you will see a large pink flag bearing the words, “Meet here” • Look for your driver holding a board with your name. If they are not already there to greet you, please wait there as we wont be far awayOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags