Lonely Planet Experiences: Nairobi Nightlife Tour and Dinner
- Discover the nightlife scene of Nairobi
- Sample local dishes and drinks
- Experience Nairobi after dark like a local
- Taste the exotic spices and flavors of Swahili cuisine
- Explore Nairobi's CBD after dark
- Travel safely in the daunting city with a local guide
- Hang out in cool hotspots
Take a nightlife tour of Nairobi city and discover Africa away from the wildlife of its legendary parks. Swap giraffes for a beer or two as you explore Nairobi’s bar and restaurant scene. Meet at the Kivi Milimani Hotel in the city center. A local guide will take you to the most authentic spots in town. As Nairobi is such a unique, and often daunting destination, it’s best to be seen with a local, especially at night.
Hop aboard your private transportation and drive to a local bar in the Central Business District (CBD). Enjoy your 1st drink on the house! Try one of the local beers, such as the beloved Tusker, which has been brewed in Africa since 1922. If you don’t like beer, choose from a selection of wines, soft drinks and local juices, such as tangawizi (the local ginger beer). Chat to your guide about all things Kenya, and ask those burning questions you have about life in Nairobi.
Then, it’s time for dinner at a local restaurant, selected for its range of typical African food. Sample local treats such as nyama choma (barbecued beef or chicken), or the ultimate Nairobi treat, mbuzi (goat). Pick from a selection of traditional Swahili dishes that blend African, Arab, and Indian influences to create an exotic mix of spices and flavors. Enjoy quintessentially Kenyan accompaniments, such as ugali (a dough-like side dish), and kachumbari (a delicious tomato, onion, and coriander relish).
Wash it all down with an after-dinner drink. After your relaxing nightcap, transfer back to the Kivi Milimani Hotel for your drop off.
- Local English-speaking guide
- 3 drinks of your choice
- Typical African dinner (main course only)
- Transportation with professional driver
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips and personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
• Participants must be aged 18 or over