1-Day Tour Nagano To Takayama: Highlights Of Central Japan
- Explore the stunning alpine valley of Kamikochi, renowned for its beauty and pristine natural state
- Walk its trails and discover its highlights including Asuza River, Taisho Pond, Kappa Bridge, and the spectacular mountains above
- Discover Takayama and its beautiful old town, acclaimed for its beauty and historic preservation
Situated 1500 meters above sea level deep within the Chubu Sangaku National Park, Kamikochi is famous for its pristine natural state, beautiful rivers and ponds, lush forests, and dramatic mountain peaks rising to over 3000 meters. Your guide will accompany you into Kamikochi and make you familiar with its many walking trails and highlights, before setting you free to enjoy the next few hours by yourself.
Later, you’ll meet up with your guide and board the tour bus for the journey to Takayama. This is one tour in which the journey itself is as much a highlight as the destinations, and as you pass by the alpine landscape around you and descend toward Takayama, you’ll be witnessing some of Japan’s most stunning scenery and dramatic mountains. Arriving in Takayama, you’ll be dropped-off in old town with your guide to explore the historic streets in the late afternoon. Often referred to as Hida-Takayama, the town is famous for its locally produced Hida 'wagyu' beef - famous throughout Japan and beyond.
- Transportation fee from Nagano to Takayama and between activities/attractions
- English-speaking guide
- Lunch and other food, snacks, and drinks
- Bullet train tickets
Prepare for the activity
Your guide will be waiting in front of the Information Board, directly across from the shinkansen (bullet train) ticket gates at 8:30am (the guide will be there from 8:20am); Nagano Station, Japan, 〒380-0921 長野県長野市大字栗田５９.Open in Google Maps ⟶