From Mykonos: Ancient Delos Tour
Pickup optionalPick-up possible from anywhere in Mykonos on arrangement.
- Discover the revered birthplace of Apollo and Artemis on the island of Delos
- See ancient monuments, such as the Sanctuary of Artemis and the Temple of Apollo
- Learn more about life in Ancient Greece at the museum on Delos
Now considered one of the most important ancient archaeological sites in the Eastern Mediterranean, Delos was once a prosperous place of thriving trade and a center of culture and religion in the 8th to 1st century BCE.
Upon arrival on the island, follow your guide through the entire ancient city. Encounter the old market places and public squares, along with the Temple of Apollo and Sanctuary of Artemis. Take a look at the old city and amphitheater, and walk down the celebrated Terrace of the Lions, where between 9 and 12 statues of marble lions guarded the Sacred Way.
Look inside the museum to see artifacts excavated over the centuries, including sculptures from the Archaic, Classical, Hellenistic and Roman era, a collection of vessels from all periods and small items from everyday life. Enjoy a refreshment at the café next to the museum before boarding the ferry back to Mykonos. A transportation service will be provided to take you back to your hotel or a location of your choice if you haven't booked a supplementary option.
Benefit from pick-up at your hotel or the cruise ship port in Mykonos at 09:00, and then travel by minibus to the embarkation point of the boat that will be traveling to Delos. Meet your guide, and sail to the island of Delos, revered in Greek mythology as the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis.
- All transportation (if selected)
- Professional guide at Delos
- Ferry tickets to Delos
- Entrance fee to Delos (€12 per person)
Prepare for the activity
• Please note that the transfer is included in the price only if selected
• Please note that from 1 March 2018 the entrance fee to Delos will no longer be included