Full-Day Tour in Oman: Enchanting Forts of Nizwa and Jabreen
Pickup includedPickup from hotels in Muscat
- Enjoy a drive through the magnificent Hajar mountains
- Visit 17th century Nizwa Fort
- See some of Oman's most historical buildings
- Watch cows, goats and sheep being traded at one of the liveliest cattle markets in Oman
We begin our tour with a spectacular drive through the Hajar mountains via the oases of Fanjah and the old village of Birkat Al Mauz, to reach Nizwa. Here we explore the impressive Nizwa Fort. Built in 1660, it is the largest fort in the Arabian Peninsula. Its circular tower offers stunning views of the city and plantation.
After our tour of Nizwa Fort, we continue on to the cattle market and the traditional Nizwa Souq. Stroll along the souq where you can buy silver jewelry, frankincense, and intricately handmade khanjar daggers.
The drive continues via Tanuf for a stop in the charming town of Bahla. From there we to Jabreen, where we will visit one of the most impressive forts in the Sultanate, famous for its wall and ceiling murals, before returning to your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation in a luxury air-conditioned coach or mini-bus
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
Prepare for the activity
- Luggage or large bags
Normal tourist photography is acceptable, but it is considered offensive to photograph Arab women. It is also courteous to ask permission before photographing men. Photographs of government buildings, police or military installations are not allowed.