Venice: Boat Trip to Murano incl. Glassblowing Demonstration
- Discover the wonders of Murano island, famous for its skilled glassblowing craftsmen
- Visit a traditional glass factory and enjoy a glassblowing demonstration by a talented local artisan
- Take a boat tour from Piazza San Marco to the island of Murano and soak up scenic views on the way
- Spend 1-hour of free time exploring Murano Island on your own
Enjoy a 30-minute glassblowing demonstration, and marvel at the incredible skill of a local craftsman as he creates magnificent glass artworks in front of your very eyes. While you watch, discover the history and secrets of glassblowing, then peruse the array of artworks at the onsite gallery.
After your visit to the glassblowing factory, spend 1-hour of free time exploring the quaint streets of Murano. With the use of an audio-guide provided by the staff at the meeting point, wander around the island and listen to fascinating narration about the tales and legends of Murano. When your island adventure comes to an end, head back to the boat for the return ride to Piazza San Marco. During the ride, admire breathtaking views of the Venice Lagoon, San Marco’s Basin, and the iconic Doge’s Palace.
- Round-trip transfer from Piazza San Marco to Murano Island
- Glass factory visit including a live glassblowing demonstration
- 1-hour free time in Murano
- Audio guide and map for discovering Murano
- Hotel pickup or drop-off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is Palazzo Delle Prigioni, beside the Doge’s Palace in Piazza San Marco. In Piazza San Marco, with the Doge’s Palace in front of you and the S.Mark’s Basin at your back, go to the right, cross the Bridge (from where you see the Bridge of Sighs) and then look on the left, you will see the entrance of the Palazzo delle Prigioni, here you will find your guide with a sign reading "MURANO BOAT TOUR".Open in Google Maps ⟶