In the Footsteps of the Third Reich
- Scout all Third Reich places like Feldherrnhalle, House of German Art, Gestapo headquarters, Führerbau and NSDAP headquarters
- Learn about resistance in Munich like the "White Rose" who printed critical flyers and got beheaded at the end
- Examine extensive photo material used during the tour
- Visit the NS Documentation Centre at the end of the tour
The tour begins at Odeonsplatz with the story of why Hitler came to Munich and where he lived and how he made a living. There you will exactly where the Hitler coup ended and see the former monument, which was erected for the deceased putschists. Afterward, you will walk through the court garden and explore a monument which was erected for resistance fighters. At the largest university in Germany the LMU you will hear about a well-known resistance group called "The White Rose" who created flyers and got beheaded at the end. In the Square of the Victims of National Socialism, you find out exactly who the victims were.
At Haus der Kunst you will learn how the Nazis influenced art. In Galeriestraße you can still see where exactly the exhibition "Degenerate Art" took place. At the Karolinenplatz you will get to know the main sponsors of the Nazis. The last stop is the party center of the Nazis in Munich at Königsplatz, where you discover the Nazi headquarters the "Brown House" the Führer building (Hitler's office), the NSDAP administration and the NS Documentation Centre opened in 2015. You have the opportunity to visit the NS Documentation Centre after the tour (admission is not included).
- Professional and certified tour guide with more than 10 years of experience
- Admission at the NS Documentation Centre for the history of National Socialism