Mount Vernon: George Washington Mansion Timed Tour
- Explore one of the most iconic 18th-century homes in America
- Visit the final resting place of George and Martha Washington
- Take a self-guided tour of the estate including Washington’s gardens, slave quarters, a reconstructed blacksmith shop, and heritage breed animals
- Find out about Washington’s successful business enterprises at the reconstructed gristmill and whiskey distillery (April-October)
- Watch the American Revolution come to life in a 4-D theater
Make a self-guided tour of the estate, with sweeping views of the Potomac River, and discover how Washington created the fine landscape and beautiful gardens. Witness the final resting place of George and Martha Washington, the Slave Burial Ground, the Orangery, Slave Quarters, as well as many period outbuildings containing historical artifacts such as George Washington's carriages.
Next head inside the museum and education center where you will see original objects, such as his famous dentures. Watch the American Revolution come to life in a 4-D theater where it snows every day. Also located in the education center is the new first-person interactive experience, 'Be Washington' which uses immersive media to put you in Washington's position as you tackle the same tough leadership challenges he faced as general and as president.
Visit the fully functioning reconstructions of George Washington's Distillery and Gristmill, located 2.7 miles from the estate's main entrance (April - October, free shuttle service provided). See the mighty gears turning and the stones grinding at the Gristmill, where Washington produced flour and cornmeal. And within the functioning distillery, once one of the largest whiskey distilleries in America, you can see where George Washington's whiskey is still made.
- Admission ticket to George Washington's Mount Vernon
- Timed entry ticket for the guided tour of the mansion
- Self-guided tour of Mount Vernon Estate
- Entrance to George Washington's Distillery & Gristmill
- Entry to both the Museum and the Education Center
- Shuttle service to Gristmill and Distillery
- Specialty tours
- Other enhancements (audio tours, rental devices, sightseeing cruises)
When you get there
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Hwy, Mt Vernon, VA 22121, USA. George Washington's Mount Vermont is located 16 miles/26 km south of Washington, D.C. Take the George Washington Parkway south to its southern end point.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Much of the estate is outdoor and walking is required; please wear comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothing
• Plan at least 3 hours for your visit, shorter visits are also possible
• All bags and containers larger than 16x16x8 inches are prohibited from entering the property
• Outside food or drink (except water) are prohibited
• Dogs are welcome on the grounds but are not allowed inside the Mansion or museum