Mont-Saint-Michel Abbey Ticket & Self-Guided Tour
- Explore one of the most iconic attractions in France
- Discover Mont-Saint-Michel abbey, one of the first sites to be granted UNESCO World Heritage Site status
- Learn about the site's rich history with an information booklet, available in 12 languages
The abbey has withstood the assaults of man, time and the elements. The heroic resistance of the mount to English attacks during the Hundred Years’ War (14th and 15th centuries) made it a symbol of French national identity. Monks left the abbey in 1790 and it was listed as a historic monument in 1874. The whole site has been returned to its former glory thanks to ongoing restoration work.
Explore the site with a self-guided tour aided by an information booklet and learn the fascinating history of the site entirely at your own pace.
- Entrance ticket to Mont-Saint-Michel abbey
- Self-guide booklet available in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese and Korean
- Audio guide (€3 payable directly at the monument)
- Guided tours (available on site)
Prepare for the activity
• The guided tour is available in French and English all year round and in German, Spanish and Italian in July and August
• The visit lasts around 1 hour 15 minutes
• Please note that your ticket will be valid for one year at any given time
• Last admission is 1 hour before closing time
• Please note that this attraction closes at 4:00 PM on 24th December and 31st December 2017