From Milan: Cinque Terre and Portovenere Guided Trip
- Follow in the footsteps of artists and writers who found inspiration in Cinque Terre
- Visit the town of Portovenere on the Italian Riviera
- Cross the Gulf of Poets by ferry
- Take an optional hike to enjoy panoramic views over the rooftops of Monterosso
Porto Venere (free time)
Cinque Terre (boat cruise)
Monterosso al Mare (free time)
Manarola (free time)
Next, cruise up the coast to see the Cinque Terre villages from a different perspective. Marvel at the brightly painted houses that cling to the cliffs of Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia and Vernazza. Drop anchor at Monterosso to sample the local food and wine, such as fresh mussels and DOC white wine. Wander the little alleys and go on an optional hike to the Capuchin monastery to look over the rooftops and terraced vineyards. Alternatively, hit the beach and swim in the emerald waters.
End with a visit to Manarola, considered the oldest of the 5 villages. Explore on your own and enjoy an aperitivo at the end of an amazing day.
- Round-trip transportation by comfortable air-conditioned coach
- Public boat tickets
- Free time in Portovenere, Monterosso and Manarola
- 2-hour boat cruise
- 45-minute optional light hike with a tour leader
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages
Prepare for the activity
Meet in front of the main entrance to the Porta Garibaldi train station in Milan. Facing the train station, look to the left. The meeting point is next to the stairs and under the covered portico.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Guests in wheelchairs or with any impairment requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated. The same applies for strollers or baby carriages.
• The boat journey to Cinque Terre may occasionally be affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are sensitive to seasickness, please take any necessary precautions before your journey.
• Some sites visited will lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. Bring a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
• In the event of bad weather conditions, the boat may not be able to sail. The itinerary will be different and will operate by train in the event that this occurs. You will not visit Portovenere as it is only reachable by boat, but will visit Riomaggiore instead.
• Please note that itinerary might be adjusted according to weather and transport conditions.