Opera at Arts Center Melbourne
- See world-class opera at the Arts Center Melbourne
- Sip champagne in the glow of the Southbank lights
- Enjoy performances such as Madame Butterfly, Attila, and more
Experience the new production by Australia’s most famous choreographer, Graeme Murphy. This opera features floor-to-ceiling LED panels as a dynamic set, allowing fragments of film to flutter across the stage.
Puccini’s sublime music imbues this ageless story with beauty, from the irrepressible aria "Un bel dì" ("One Fine Day") to the intense finale. Hiromi Omura is the most sought-after Butterfly in the world, returning in the title role along with Andeka Gorrotxategi as Pinkerton.
- Performance ticket
- Food and beverages
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Driver's license
• The opera sung in Italian with English surtitles.
• While it is fun to dress up for the opera, there is no mandatory dress code. An extra layer is advised because it can get cold in the theater
• Guests are recommended to arrive early to avoid rushing. Ushers will close the doors at show time and may not allow latecomers in until there is a suitable pause in the performance