Off-Road Safari at Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Be surrounded by magnificent wildlife, including rhinos, giraffes, zebras and more
- Immerse yourself in the sights, smells and sounds of the savannah
- Capture that perfect safari photo just 30 minutes from Melbourne's city centre
In this behind the scenes encounter, you will meet an expert guide and board a specially designed open vehicle in a small group tour of up to 16 people.
Heading off road, you will be completely immersed in the sights, smells and sounds of the savannah as you travel across the zoo's open plains. Keep your eyes open and have the chance of spotting rhinoceros, giraffe, zebra, antelopes and more!
- General entry to the zoo
- Tour in an open safari vehicle
- Professional and experienced driver/guide
- Transportation to and from Werribee Open Range Zoo
Prepare for the activity
Please meet at Werribee Open Range Zoo – Safari Station, K Road, Werribee South Victoria 3030. Directions: By car: Werribee Open Range Zoo is located 35 kilometres west of Melbourne’s city centre, on the Princes Freeway. It is a short 30-minute drive from the city over the Westgate Bridge or via the Geelong Road. Public Transport: Step 1. Catch a train from the Melbourne CBD to Werribee station (travelling on the Werribee Line). Step 2. From Werribee station, catch Bus 439 Werribee South to the Zoo.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The tour lasts for 75 minutes
• Please note that for children 8 years and under, the adult to child ratio should be 1:1
• For children aged 9–15, the adult to child ratio should be 1:2
• Your ticket includes general admission to Werribee Open Range Zoo, which is open from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM