Kangaroo Encounter & Melbourne Zoo General Admission
- Get up close to a mob of kangaroos
- Learn about this native Australian species from passionate keepers
- Spend the rest of your day exploring all Melbourne Zoo has to offer
- Join a small group of maximum 20 pax a day for a close up encounter experience with Kangaroos
The friendly staff will also be on hand to help you capture your Close-up moment. Please be sure to bring along your smart phone or point-and-shoot camera for them to operate.
The encounter is a brief experience that lasts a couple of minutes with each visitor booked, however please plan up to 15 minutes to meet your host and keeper, and hear the safety briefing. This encounter includes General Admission, so feel free to explore the Zoo at your leisure before/after the encounter.
When you purchase this experience you are directly contributing to Zoos Victoria's work to fight wildlife extinction.
This encounter runs at 11:15 AM daily.
- General Admission to Melbourne Zoo
- Kangaroo Close-Up Encounter
Prepare for the activity
Melbourne Zoo, Elliott Ave, Parkville VIC 3052, Australia. Directions: By Tram: Tram 58 "West Coburg to Toorak" runs from William Street in the city centre every day, stopping directly outside Melbourne Zoo. By Train: Trains run from Flinders Street Station on the Upfield line every day, stopping at Melbourne Zoo’s own Royal Park Station. By Bus: Bus route 505 from Moonee Ponds to Melbourne University stops outside Melbourne Zoo.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Open-toed shoes
• Kangaroo close up experience happens at 11:15 am daily. Ticket includes Melbourne Zoo general admission which is open from 9am-5pm.
• Guests must arrive at Melbourne Zoo a minimum 45 minutes prior to kangaroo experience.
• Closed toe shoes must be worn