Grampians National Park Small Group Tour from Melbourne
- Explore the spectacular beauty of the Grampians National Park
- Hike from Wonderland Turntable to the Grand Canyon
- Walk down to beautiful MacKenzies falls
- Keep a look out for native kangaroos and abundant birdlife
- Enjoy panoramic views from Reeds Lookout
- Visit Silverband Falls
- Learn about the Eureka Rebellion
Depart Melbourne at 08:00 and travel through the western plains of Victoria on route to historic Ballarat, a boom town of the 1850s following the widespread discovery of gold. Learn the history of the region over morning tea at the infamous Eureka Rebellion site.
Continue through the picturesque western volcanic plains, and pass through the town of Moyston, the birthplace of Australian Rules Football. Arrive at the foot of the Grampians Range (Gariwerd in the local aboriginal language), and take a short walk to Silverband Falls.
Then, head to Halls Gap for lunch. Keep a look out for kangaroos and abundant birdlife that can be seen in the main street. After lunch, go to the Wonderland car park and Grand Canyon and marvel at the rock formation as you take a walk through the canyon. See high rising rock walls, crisscrossed with layering and fault lines that showcase the area’s unique geology.
Next, visit the majestic cascades of Mackenzie Falls, and watch the water cascade down the rocks in a gorge surrounded by eucalyptus forest. Walk the Bluff trail along the top of the cliffs for panoramic views of the falls, or journey downstairs to the base of the steep gorge.
Another stunning photo opportunity awaits at Reeds Lookout, a vantage point that overlooks the towering Stringybark Forest and Victoria Valley. Your next port of call is Boroka Lookout, where panoramic views of the surrounding region and town of Halls Gap await. Look further afield to Lake Bellfield and beyond.
Make your way back to Halls Gap for a last attempt to spot some native kangaroos before returning to Melbourne. Stop for dinner on route back to the city, and enjoy a stunning view of the illuminated city on your return home.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Free Wi-Fi on board the tour bus
- Complimentary inner city pick up and drop off from selected hotels only
- Local guide
- Morning tea
- Translation app in 16 languages (links provided after the booking)
- Additional meals and snacks
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
Pick-up will be from the following 6 locations: • Windsor Hotel (111 Spring St) at 7:10am • Radisson Hotel (380 William St) at 7:20am • Victoria Hotel (215 Little Collins St) at 7:30am • Vibe Savoy (630 Little Collins St) at 7:40am • Rendezvous Hotel (328 Flinders St) at 7:50am • Crown Promenade (8 Whiteman St) at 7:55amOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible. This tour is not recommended for guests with mobility challenges