Melbourne: Sports Venue Sightseeing Tour
- Explore Melbourne Cricket Ground, the beating heart of the city
- Wander through Melbourne Park and Rod Laver Arena and learn about the history of the Australian Open
- Visit venues that host Australian Rules football, soccer, tennis, rowing, rugby league, and more
- Learn about Melbourne's range of world class events such as the Melbourne Cup, F1 Grand Prix, MotoGP, and Bells Beach Surf Pro
- Discover why Melbourne has been voted the Sporting Capital of the World
The first stop of the day is the iconic Rod Laver Arena, which hosts the Australian Open each year. Walk in the footsteps of sports superstars such as Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer and don’t forget to snap photos of your unforgettable visit. As you explore, learn about Melbourne's range of world class events such as the Melbourne Cup, F1 Grand Prix, MotoGP, and Bells Beach Surf Pro and discover why the city has been voted the Sporting Capital of the World.
The tour continues to the impressive 100,000 seater Melbourne Cricket Ground. Enjoy a guided tour of the grounds and learn about the many famous faces who have played here over the years. Finish the tour with a stroll around the surrounding Olympic Park precinct, which no trip to Melbourne would be complete without.
- Professional guide with local sports industry experience
Prepare for the activity
The tour leaves from Federation Square on the corner of Princes Bridge, between the Transport Hotel (pub) and the ferry ticket booths. Please arrive 10-minutes before the activity starts. Selected hotel pickups are available on request.Open in Google Maps ⟶