d'Arenberg: Varietal Discovery and Cheese Tasting Plate
- Experience the knowledge of a d'Arenberg tutor
- Enjoy a self-guided tour of the d'Arenberg Cube Alternate Realities Museum
- Enjoy a delicious cheese tasting plate while tasting our world renowned wines
- Learn how to tell different wine varieties apart
The building has the optical illusion of floating in a vineyard, each level with spectacular views over-looking the rolling hills of Willunga. Inside, find a cellar door, a fine dining restaurant, and numerous artworks and features throughout curated by Chief Winemaker and fourth generation family member, Chester Osborn.
Your experience begins in the Alternate Realties Museum on the ground floor of the d’Arenberg Cube, where a self-guided exploration will take you through a space filled with wall to wall art installations designed to excite and awaken your senses. All tours are assisted by the d’Arenberg smartphone application "The Alternate Realities Museum" – advance downloads recommended. Entry to the museum is free of charge for all guests with a pre-booked experience, just let the concierge know your reservation number on arrival.
Once you’ve explored the museum, proceed to meet your host on Level 4 of the d’Arenberg Cube who will take you through to your booked experience.
This hosted masterclass will take you on an educational wine journey. Learn how to swirl, smell, taste and most importantly, how to identify the classic grape varieties and their subtleties.
Build up your wine vocabulary whilst you discover the differences between an aromatic or textural white wine, how to describe reds with varying intensity, mouthfeel, body and tannins.
Hear about the age-old winemaking techniques, and graze on a cheese plate as you are expertly guided through six wines from an award winning portfolio.
- 2 hour masterclass including wine tasting
- Entry and self-guided tour of the d'Arenberg Cube Alternate Realities Museum
- Cheese tasting plate
Prepare for the activity
• There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 20 participants per class