Pukaha and Mount Bruce Behind the Scenes Tour
- See parts of Pukaha that other visitors don't get to see
- Visit the kiwi creche and get up-close with other wildlife
- Hear stories about Pukaha direct from the rangers
The staff at Pukaha are dedicated to restoring the forest and protecting and nurturing endangered birds and animals, particularly the kiwi, kokako, kaka and tuatara. Pukaha has a very successful breeding programme, and is home to the only white kiwi in the world, the manukura.
See the takahe and the Antipodes Island parakeets in their aviaries. Feed the eels or prepare some food and feed the kaka. If a kiwi health check is taking place, you can also be involved. Take a tour of the "staff only" nursery area and maybe feed a young tuatara. There's always plenty going on behind the scenes at Pukaha.
- Pukaha entry for the full day and a private ranger guide for your 2.5-hour behind the scenes tour
When you get there
• It is beneficial to arrive at 09:00 AM for this tour to allow for a kiwi creche experience