Martinborough Winery and South Wairarapa Wild Coast Tour
Pickup includedComplimentary pickup service from selected centrally located Wellington hotels and the cruise terminal begins at 9:30 AM. Tour departure is from Wellington i-SITE tour pickup zone at 111 Wakefield Street at 10:00 AM.
- Enjoy a scenic drive over the Remutaka Ranges
- Taste a delectable vineyard lunch and wine tastings
- Take in epic rugged coastal views at Ngawi seal colony and Cape Palliser Lighthouse
Visit award winning wineries and enjoy their cellar door experiences and sample their world renowned wines before a sumptuous lunch at a vineyard restaurant. Next you head to the rugged south Wairarapa coast where you will experience epic sweeping views of Palliser Bay as you descend to the coast. Visit the rural fishing village of Ngawi, the North Island's largest permanent seal colony and the Cape Palliser Lighthouse at the most southern point of the North Island. For dinner, head to the Lake Ferry hotel before heading back over the Remutaka Ranges to Wellington.
Book optional extra activities available throughout the tour including: a visit to Putangirua Pinnacles, a craft beer tasting, an olive oil tasting or a visit to the quaint town of Greytown and their famous chocolatier.
- Fully guided tour with live onboard commentary
- All entry and wine tasting fees
- Tapas lunch plus one glass of wine
- Dinner (mains plus one drink)
- Any optional purchases (wine to takeaway etc).
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
• Comfortable shoes - there may be some walking on uneven surfaces
• Bring a jacket as it may be windy and wild on the coast