Marseille Half-Day Walking Tour
- See the historic Old Port
- Visit the oldest neighborhood of the oldest city in France
- Admire the amazing Marseille Cathedral
- See the new icon of the city, the MUCEM Museum
- Enjoy the view over the Old Port and Marseille's main church Notre Dame de la Garde from the amazing Fort St. Jean
Learn about the foundation of Marseille and it 2.600 years of existence, the city’s oldest neighborhood, as you hear stories of Marseille through the centuries. Learn about the city’s Greek and Roman roots, the Renaissance era, and the years of the Enlightenment and the French Revolution.
At la Place de Lenche, you will have the chance of getting in touch with the local culture thanks to a delightful Navettes and chocolate tasting, two typical products made in Marseille.
Along the way, admire the 17th century Fort St. Jean that guards the Old Port, modern façade of the neighboring MUCEM, and see striking architecture such as the Cathédrale de la Major and Hotel Dieu. Learn more about the city’s most memorable monuments as you climb the Montée des Accoules and stroll around Place des Moulins. To end this tour, walk around Saint Laurent church, one of the oldest ones in the city with a great view over the Old Port and the Mucem.
- Local guide
- Local pastry tasting
- Local chocolate tasting
- 3 hour walking tour
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
• There will be some stairs to climb throughout the tour