From Marrakech: Private 3-Day Sahara to Merzouga Tour
Product ID: 59722
This private 3-day trip to Merzouga from Marrakech is one of the best experiences that you can enjoy in Morocco with a camel ride and overnight in the camp under the stars.
About this activity
Duration 3 days
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Spanish, English, French
Pick-up serviceFree hotel pick-up.
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Visit the Atlas Mountains, Ouarzazate and Ait-Ben-Haddou
- Overnight in the desert under stars
- Experience a camel ride in the desert at sunset and sunrise
Through the Tizi n’Ticka Pass, you will be able to discover the wonderful views of the High Atlas. Then, your lunch will take place in Ouarzazate. Soon afterwards, enjoy a view of the palm trees and roses, a peaceful and sweet view. Progressivly, the scene will change to become more of a desert setting and it will be the start of a 2-hour ride into the vastness of the sand to reach the heart of the Moroccan desert. Then, you will be able to enjoy the Berber night and the exceptional beauty of the sunset over the dunes. In the morning, you will admire the wonderful sunrise and have a typical breakfast.
Day 1: Marrakech - Ait-Ben-Haddou - Ouarzazate - Gorges Dades
The tour will begin at 07:00 from Marrakech. You will first of all take the road to Dades Gorge via Ouarzazate. Your first stop will be at the Kasbah of Ait-Ben-Haddou, where you will be visiting magical places listed by the UNESCO World Heritage. Your second stop will be made at Rose Valley named after the beautiful roses that bloom there twice a year. By late afternoon, you will reach the valley of the Dades Gorges where you will enjoy a Moroccan dinner and spend your night in a small hotel or inn with access to a beautiful view of the landscape of the valley.
Day 2: Gorges Dadès- Toudra- Merzouga
Your second day will start with a good breakfast you will have at the hotel before you prepare for your departure to the village of Sahara Merzouga via Todra Gorges. At sunset, enjoy a ride on camels to end this beautiful day. Then, enjoy a great dinner in a camp set below the starry sky dunes of Merzouga.
Day 3: Marrakech Merzouga
From morning, you will have breakfast from the Berber cuisine especially from the village of Merzouga. Eventually enjoy the sunrise to perform a camel ride on the dunes before taking the road to the pearl of the south Marrakech through the High Atlas Mountains.
- Free hotel pick-up from Marrakech
- Private Transportation by modern, air-conditioned minibus (17 seats)
- English or French-speaking driver/guide
- Overnight stay in Tinghir at Hotel Bougafer 4-star hotel (including dinner and breakfast)
- Overnight stay at "Auberge Etoile du dunes" desert camp at Erg Chebbi (including dinner and breakfast)
- Camel trek in Erg Chebbi to watch the sunset and sunrise
- Bedding at both accommodations
- Access to toilets and showers at both accommodations
What’s Not Included
- Bottled water/drinks
- Local guides and Entrance fees – in Kasbah Ait Ben Hddou, if you wish to hire a guide to escort you on a visit of the Kasbah it will be available for an extra charge
- Tips to driver and any personal expenses
When you get there
Know before you go
• Please wear comfortable shoes and long pants
• Bring sunscreen and your camera
• Bring sunscreen and your camera