Marrakech: 90-Minute Arabic Language Introduction
- Learn key phrases in Arabic in an interactive and creative learning environment
- Get cultural and travel tips from your hosts, and learn how to bargain in the souks and how to deal with unwanted attention in the Medina
- Take away a Moroccan Arabic booklet written in English with arabic script and phonetics
You’ll experience Moroccan hospitality with a welcome tea as you watch your host demonstrate how to make Atay b’ nana (mint tea) while learning about the importance of tea in showing hospitality.
Begin this cultural workshop by learning simple phrases, greetings, and common gestures that will enhance your stay in Morocco. You’ll later notice that you’re treated differently if you speak a bit of Arabic.
By the end of the 90-minute workshop you will:
feel more comfortable navigating your way around the Medina
be able to use appropriate greetings and ask basic questions
know how to handle unwanted attention from people trying to hassle you
be able to the common gestures in the culture
Moroccans are, in general, very friendly and appreciate it when you try to speak their language. The workshop is taught by Moroccan teachers who are experienced in working with visitors from different cultures.
- Welcome tea
- Arabic booklet
Prepare for the activity
You will see Cafe Fiori on the ground floor of the building that houses the local partner's office, as well as a big NutriStore sign on the building. The office is on the fifth floor.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This activity is great for everyone including kids (from 6 years), families, groups, and travelers looking for an authentic local experience
• If you're traveling with a group and would like to have the workshop conducted at your accommodation, it can be arranged at both hotels and riads
• Workshops are available in the morning or afternoon