Manchester: 60-Minute River Cruise
- Get a unique view of Stephenson's 1830 railway bridge and the contrasting Ordsall Chord
- Cruise past Manchester United's home ground, known as the "Theatre of Dreams"
- See highlights, from the ultra-modern Media City to the railway arches over Hulme Lock
- Learn about Manchester's industrial past and exciting future from the on-board commentary
Pass by the first of the 120 meter long locks of the Manchester Ship Canal, and admire the impressive Imperial War Museum and old Pomona Docks before heading into the heart of Manchester along the River Irwell.
Listen to a full commentary that describes the history of the Manchester Ship Canal and the industries that made the city one of the powerhouses of Europe in the 19th century. Hear about the exciting future now being built.
- 60-minute cruise
- On board commentary
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
The pickup point is at Ralli Quay in the city center, on the other side of the river from the People's History Museum and opposite the Dockyard Bar. It is not located in Salford Quays.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Boats depart every 75 minutes