Manchester: Lake District & Grasmere Day Trip by Train
- Visit the picturesque village of Grasmere and sample the local gingerbread
- Admire the magnificent scenery during a cruise on England's largest lake, Windermere
- Explore the World of Beatrix Potter where the author's characters are magically brought to life
- See the grave of English poet William Wordsworth
Once in the Lake District, use your all-day bus ticket to travel to the traditional Lakeland village of Grasmere, where you can visit the grave of England's greatest poet, William Wordsworth. Afterward, head to Sarah Nelson's Gingerbread Shop to purchase the unique Grasmere Gingerbread, the only place in the world where it is sold. Next, hop back on the bus towards Lake Windermere for a relaxing cruise on England's largest lake. Marvel at the magnificent scenery, including England's highest mountains, and listen to the onboard commentary as you sail to the town of Bowness-on-Windermere.
Finally, visit the World of Beatrix Potter, where the author's most famous characters including Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck and Mrs Tiggy-Winkle are magically brought to life. Enjoy some free time to explore the shops, cafes, old pubs, and restaurants of the town before returning to Windermere to catch the train back to Manchester.
- Meet and Greet at Manchester Piccadilly train station
- Round-trip train travel from Manchester to Windermere
- Full-day bus travel in the central lakes zone
- Round-trip Windermere Lake Cruise
- Entrance to the World of Beatrix Potter
- Pick up or drop-off at your accommodation
- Live tour guide
Prepare for the activity
Meet your representative at The Mill Bar and Kitchen, located inside Piccadilly Train Station on the mezzanine level (above Boots chemist). Take the stairs or lift next to Burger King. Our representative will be wearing a yellow Manchester Sightseeing T-shirt. Piccadilly, Manchester M1 2PB, UKOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Monday to Friday: Meet and Greet at 8:55; train departs at 9:26 AM
• Saturday: Meet and Greet at 8:15 AM; train departs at 8:47 AM
• Sunday: Meet and Greet at 8:20 AM; train departs at 8:53 AM
You might also like...
Product ID: 271617