Manchester: Historic Chester Self-Guided Tour with Lunch
- Explore the historic city of Chester and discover a selection of sights
- Discover Chester's heritage on a walking tour with an official city guide
- Enjoy lunch at the Refectory Cathedral in the 900-year-old Chester Cathedral
Once you arrive, make the short trip into the city center either by shuttle bus or foot and begin exploring Chester. Visit the Rows, the two-tiered medieval shopping galleries, or walk the city walls, which were originally built by the Romans. At your own pace, explore this history-rich city and soak up the atmosphere as you imagine what life was like here throughout the ages.
Afterwards, enjoy a lunch of soup and sandwiches at the Refectory Cafe in the 900-year-old Chester Cathedral then join a walking tour with an official city guide. Before returning to Manchester there is time to continue exploring the historic city of Chester at your own leisure.
- Meet and greet service at Manchester Piccadilly Station
- Return train from Manchester to Chester
- City walking tour
- Lunch at the Refectory Cafe in Chester Cathedral
- Pickup or drop-off at your accommodation
- Live tour guide
Prepare for the activity
Meet your representative at The Mill Bar and Kitchen, located inside Piccadilly Train Station on the mezzanine level (above Boots chemist). Take the stairs or lift next to Burger King. Our representative will be wearing a yellow Manchester Sightseeing T-shirt. Your representative will be available from 08:20 (08:30 on Sundays) for 30 minutes.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The local operator's representative will meet you at Manchester Piccadilly station and provide you with all the information you need, including an itinerary, to use as a guide