From Manchester: Derbyshire and Peak District Day Trip
- Admire the gently towering hills of the Peak District
- Journey into the caves of Poole’s Cavern
- Experience the traditional streets and treats of Bakewell Village
Proceed then to Monsal Head, a scenic viewpoint. Hear about the impressive history of the famous viaduct that emerges from green hills to create a unique view. Stop for lunch in Bakewell next. Not only is this town exciting to look at, it's also the birthplace of one of England's most famous desserts, Bakewell pudding.
Continue to Poole's Cavern. Opt for a visit to this enormous limestone cave system that has been described as one of the wonders of the Peak District. This series of caves has welcomed Mary Queen of Scots and countless other visitors, all who have marveled at its many chambers, stalagmites, and stalactites. Travel back to Manchester, arriving in the late afternoon.
- Transportation in a 16-seat Mercedes mini-bus
- Professional driver-guide
- Small-group tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children under 5 years
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point for the tour departure is next to the NCP Car Park on Store Street. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure. Directions if traveling via public transportation: exit Piccadilly Train Station in Manchester. At Caffe Nero, turn left and walk towards Motel One. Take the first left under the tunnel. Walk until you see a white minibus bearing the name of the local partner.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Luggage or large bags
• The tour allows 31 pounds of luggage per person. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 22 inch x 17 inch x 10 inch) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.