From Madrid: Half-Day Toledo and El Greco Tour
- Take a guided walk around the UNESCO World Heritage heart of Toledo
- Marvel at the synagogues, mosques and churches of one of Spain's oldest cities
- Look inside the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- See masterpieces of art by El Greco and learn about his connection to Toledo
Located 70 kilometers south of Madrid, Toledo is one of the oldest cities in Europe. Historically, it has been settled by Christians, Jews and Muslims, who have all lived together in harmony for centuries. Dramatically located at the top of a gorge overlooking the Río Tajo, the city boasts mosques with horseshoe-shaped arches, Sephardic synagogues and one of Spain’s finest Gothic cathedrals.
The enchanting city is also home to Visigoth and Roman roots, and its other forte is art. Learn why El Greco painted his haunting paintings here with an entrance ticket to the Church of Santo Tomé to see his famous painting of “The Burial of Count Orgaz."
- Transportation in an air-conditioned bus
- English and Spanish-speaking guide
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees to the Church of Santo Tomé to see El Greco's “The Burial of Count Orgaz"
- Entrance to the Cathedral
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Plaza de España, tourist bus stop, in front of number 7, 28008 Madrid, Spain. Metro Station: Plaza de España (Line 3 or yellow). Departures are at 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM. Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to departure time. Look for guides with a yellow t-shirt and umbrella.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes