From Madrid: Toledo and El Greco Tour with Lunch
- Explore the city of Toledo on a day trip from Madrid
- Visit the Jewish Quarter, including the Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca
- Enjoy some time to explore the city on your own
- Discover El Greco's painting, The Burial of the Count of Orgaz
- Visit Toledo Cathedral, considered the largest representation of the Gothic style in Spain
If you choose the option that includes the guided visit, begin the tour by walking to the imposing Cathedral, one of the three 13th-century high Gothic cathedrals in Spain and considered the magnum opus of the Gothic style in Spain. After that, walk to the Santo Tomé Church, where you can head inside for a look at the church’s valuable sculptures, which have been preserved throughout history. Then wander through the city’s Jewish quarter, known for its tangled and steep streets. If you have the option that includes the entrances, of the Cathedral and Santo Tomé Church, before breaking for lunch, you will also visit the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca, considered one of the finest example of Almohad architecture.
You can also choose between having lunch on your own during the break or have a traditional Spanish lunch at a typical local restaurant. After lunch, enjoy some free time to see the streets, squares and gardens of the city on your own. The guide can provide insight on the city’s architecture and history, and the town’s winding medieval streets are made for exploring. Head back to Madrid at the end of the tour.
Do not miss the opportunity of having a complete experience of this city full of history where Muslims, Jews and Christians lived together.
- Round-trip transportation by air-conditioned vehicle from Madrid
- Bilingual guide (depending on option selected)
- Entrance fee to Toledo's Cathedral, Santo Tome Church, and the Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca (depending on option selected)
- Traditional lunch (depending on option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees (depending on option selected)
- Guided visit (depending on option selected)
- Lunch (depending on option selected)
- Snacks and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Plaza Las Ventas, located on Julio Camba Street at the corner with Alcalá Street, at Ventas Metro stop (exit Julio Camba Street). Address: Calle de Alcalá, 198, 28027 Madrid, Spain.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
• The guided tour takes place in English and Spanish simultaneously