Full-Day Toledo Tour from Madrid
- Visit one of Spain's most significant cities and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stroll through the narrow streets of Toledo and learn about its Islamic, Christian and Jewish heritage
- See inside the impressive Gothic Cathedral
- Visit a Damasquino factory to buy some intricate Damascene metalwork and handicrafts
Continue through narrow streets to explore the old Jewish quarter and visit the Church of St. Tomé. Take a moment to observe El Greco’s famous painting “The Burial of Count Orgaz” and the Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca, an intact symbol of the three diverse cultures’ coexistence. Walk through the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes. Enjoy sweeping views of the surrounding countryside as you take souvenir snapshots.
After a delicious lunch in a local restaurant, you move on to the local Damasquino factory, where you will see examples of Toledo’s famous Damascene metalwork. Known for its beautifully decorative swords and daggers, the city continues to produce inlaid jewelry and decorative handicrafts that you can safely purchase to take home.
- Hotel pick-up at selected Madrid hotels
- Admissions to monuments as described
- Tips and gratuities
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Please see the hotel pick-up description below, alternatively, our coach departs from the bus terminal located in San Bernardo 7, close to Madrid's famous Gran Via. The closest metro stations to the bus terminal are Santo Domingo (Line 2) and Callao (Lines 3 and 5), located 2 and 5 minutes walking distance respectively from the terminal.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sleeveless shirts
- Flash photography
The 8-hour excursion departs in the morning at 09:15, getting you back to the city by about 18:00.
Tourist Lunch option: Vegetable stew, veal steak with garnish, vanilla ice cream with fruid salad
Typical Lunch option: Hors d'ouvre and tapas, roasted lamb with vegetables, truffle cake with ice cream, wine, mineral water and coffee.
Vegetarian menu available.