Toledo Full-Day Tour with Biking and Lunch from Madrid
- Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of ancient Toledo
- Admire Spain's oldest and most revered gothic monuments
- Trace the city's religious heritage through visits to the cathedral, synagogues, monasteries, and chapels
- Follow the walks taken by Spain's famed post-Renaissance painter, El Greco
- Savor Toledo's fine local cuisine renowned for roasts, partridge, and marzipan
- Admire the diversity of Toledo's immense range of local handicrafts
Starting at the hotel Parador Nacional Conde Orgaz, cycle along the Tagus River the runs through the city. Explore this magnificent city’s ancient and narrow streets, bearing witness to the centuries-long peaceful coexistence of so many cultures and religions.
Toledo is marked by the very special confluence of Jewish, Arab, Christian, and even Roman and Visigothic cultures. Visit the most significant monuments like the Alcazar (fortress) and the cathedral which ranks among Spain’s finest Gothic buildings. You'll also see some of the well-preserved synagogues, including del Transito and Maria La Blanca.
An optional visit to the El Greco museum can be included. Time will also be made available for shopping and for viewing a demonstration of the damascene work, the Moorish handcraft of inlaying gold, copper, or silver. The city and its province is also renowned for ceramic produce.
Following a 3-course lunch, spend some more time visiting the city’s most representative sites before cycling gently back up to the Parador hotel. Enjoy a drink on the hotel’s sunny terrace, from which views of the city’s skyline can be enjoyed. Afterward, ride back to Madrid aboard the minibus.
- Full-day guided trip
- Round-trip transportation
- Bike rental, helmets and technical support, water, and snacks
- Visits to the most important monuments, including the cathedral and synagogues
- Visit to a local convent specialized in the making of marzipan
- Guided cycling tour along the Tagus River and into the city
- 3-course lunch plus a drink in Toledo
- Photo album of the tour sent by email
- Additional beverages and consumption
- Entrance fees to sights and monuments not included in the above
- E-bike supplement 10€ payable at our office
Prepare for the activity
There is an optional route for advanced cyclists (15-20 miles/25 kilometers) with some hills).
Tour not available on Sundays and Mondays.
There is a surcharge of EUR 10 per person on Saturdays and Spanish public holidays.