Fully Guided Segovia Day Trip & El Escorial Royal Tombs
- Travel in a private, air-conditioned mini bus with only 19 other people and an expert local guide who gives the tour exclusively in English
- See the stunning Roman aqueduct in Segovia from the very best viewpoint
- Visit two of Segovia’s most popular attractions - the Cathedral and Castle - and enjoy fully-guided experiences inside both
- Stroll the streets of Segovia with your expert guide and learn about the rich history of the city
- Enter El Escorial, one of the Ancestral Homes of Spain’s monarchs, and see their traditional burial place
Strolling through the narrow streets of the old Jewish Quarter, you’ll arrive at the Segovia Cathedral, one of the finest examples of gothic architecture in Europe. Your guide will show you the most interesting parts, like a full-sized wooden sculpture of Christ, then take you on a short city stroll through the narrow, winding streets of Segovia, passing the lovely Church of San Martín and the bizarre facade of the Casa de los Picos. Your destination is the city’s titanic Roman Aqueduct. This nearly 2,000 year-old watercourse is one of the finest surviving Roman aqueducts in the world and you’ll enjoy an amazing view of it from a favorite viewpoint while learning about the history of Roman conquest in the Iberian Peninsula.
After a break for lunch with plenty of recommendations from your guide, you’ll hop back in the bus and head to El Escorial, the one-time residence of the kings of Spain. This is a palace that has to be seen to be believed. Part monastery, part immense, opulent palace, you’ll explore some of its most impressive rooms while learning how the building was willed into existence by the Catholic Church, a visionary king, and a flood of gold from the Americas. The highlight of the visit is seeing the Pantheon of the Kings, an enormous chamber holding the coffins of 26 kings and queens from the Habsburg and Bourbon dynasties, and learning about the burial practices of European royals. Your tour lasts 1.5 hours, and also includes the basilica and private apartments of the royals. Then you’ll hop back in the bus for the hour-long drive back to Madrid.
- Guided tour and tickets to the Segovia Alcazar Castle & Cathedral
- Guided walking tour of Segovia city
- Guided tour and tickets of El Escorial Royal Palace
- Round-trip transport from Madrid
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
This tour meets in front of Rodilla coffee bar in Plaza Emperador Carlos V, 9, 28012 Madrid. Meeting Point Directions: Arriving by Metro: The closest metro station is Estacion del Arte - It is on Line 1 (blue line) of Madrid Metro.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour will be given exclusively in English
• Segovia Cathedral and El Escorial Royal Palace can be subject to unforeseen closures due to particular celebrations. In the case where sites are closed, you will be given explanations from the outside
• Please remember that Segovia Cathedral and El Escorial Royal Palace are holy places, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress
• Photography is not permitted inside Segovia Cathedral and El Escorial Royal Palace
• Please note that guests may only carry small handbags. Larger backpacks are not allowed inside Segovia Cathedral and El Escorial Royal Palace
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
You might also like...
Product ID: 175080