From Madrid: Day Trip to Segovia with Walking Tour
- See the monuments of Segovia such as the Alcázar and monastery of San Antonio El Real
- Get stunning views over the Eresma River Valley and see the peaks of the Sierra de Guadarrama
- Visit the Esteban Vicente Contemporary Art Museum or House Museum of Antonio Machado
Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985, the buildings of the "Old Town of Segovia and its Aqueduct" include Romanesque churches and the unusual fortress of the Alcázar. Stroll down the streets of the Jewish Quarter, where a number of the city's landmarks can be spotted. Experience the spirituality that led Santa Teresa to found a small convent of Carmelites where the mystic San Juan de la Cruz conducted his first mass.
Relax on the bus as you travel back towards Madrid in the afternoon.
- Round-trip transportation by bus (Madrid - Segovia - Madrid)
- Bilingual guide during the trip
- Guided walking tour of Segovia
- Lunch in Segovia (€13 extra). Please note that the city has a wide and varied cuisine that is especially recognized internationally for the quality of its wood oven roasted suckling pig or lamb
Prepare for the activity
· Plaza de España, on Cuesta de San Vicente, next to the tourist bus stop, in front of number 7, across the street. · The Segovia Tour starts at Plaza de España at 9:00 AM. · Bus Company: Jimenez Dorado Your guide will have a yellow umbrella / yellow T-shirt.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• Please note this is a bilingual tour held simultaneously in English and Spanish
• The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination