Escorial & Valley of the Fallen 5-Hour Tour from Madrid
- Take a tour of the Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial
- See the Cloister of the 4 Evangelists, the Palace of Philip II, and the Royal Pantheon
- Visit the Valley of the Fallen and see the interior of the basilica
- Learn about the history of Spain and the Spanish monarchy
It became a symbol of the great power of the Spanish Empire at that time. The monument was declared to be of artistic and historic importance and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You’ll visit the Monastery, the Cloister of the 4 Evangelists, the Palace of Philip II, the Royal Pantheon, the Chapter Houses, and the Basilica.
The Valley of the Fallen was built in 1936, about 9 kilometers from Escorial, as a memorial to those who died during the Spanish Civil War. Situated in a beautiful valley in the Guadarrama Mountains, this impressive work features a cross standing more than 150 meters high, as well as a basilica and crypt built into the hard rock under the mountain.
The tour includes admission to the Valley as well as a visit to the basilica’s interior.
- Transportation between El Escorial and Valley of the fallen
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Flash photography