Mount Rigi, Queen of the Mountains: Cogwheel Train Ticket
- Have an adventure on a rack railway and get a glimpse into the history of the area
- Experience the Queen of the Mountains at the Rigi in central Switzerland
- Enjoy a break from everyday life and the fantastic views over Lucerne and the highest Alpine peaks of Switzerland
Take the first mountain railway in Europe (since 1871), which travels from Vitznau to the top of the mountain (Rigi Kulm; 1797 meters above sea level). Or travel to the top from Goldau with the rack railway on the north face, from where you can also access the small cable car departing at Kräbel, going up to Rigi Scheidegg. From Weggis, the cable car travels to Rigi Kaltbad, where you can transfer with the rack railway to the Rigi Kulm.
All of the valley stations can easily be reached from Lucerne by boat to Weggis/Vitznau or direct train to Goldau as well as from Zurich with a direct train connection to Goldau. Each valley station also has car parking facilities.
Summer (11. March - 30. November 2019):
The Rigi Day Pass includes all 4 modes of transport for the whole day. The mountain rage offers different hiking- and walking trails of approximately 120 kilometers with fantastic panoramic views. This is a popular area for all fans of walking or for those seeking respite and relaxation away from the beaten tourist path. Be aware during summer months the Rigi is not covered in snow!
Winter (1st December 2019 - 8th March 2020):
The Rigi Day Pass includes all 4 modes of transport for the whole day. Skiers and snowboarders can use the ski lifts on the Rigi. Hiking enthusiasts can look forward to about 40 kilometers of well-groomed hiking trails with fantastic views. Active people have the great opportunity to discover the Queen of the mountains by sled or with snowshoes.
- Cogwheel railway from/to Vitznau
- Cogwheel railway from/to Goldau
- Cable car from/to Weggis (closed from 04.11.-15.11.2019 / 09.03.-09.04.2020 / 16.11.-27.11.2020)
- Cable car from Kräbel to Rigi Scheidegg
- Ski lifts (in winter only)
- Food and drink
- Rental of winter and skiing equipment
Prepare for the activity
• The Kräbel to Rigi Scheidegg cable car is closed from and November 25 to December 5, 2019
• The cable cars do not run on these days and the other forms of transport (trains) run regularly
• Children ride free of charge with adults from 1 July to 31 August