Private Glacier Express Day-Tour from Lucerne
Pick-up servicePick-ups available from your accommodation in Lucerne.
- Enjoy a private tour for just you and your party
- Reserve your seat on the Glacier Express
- Learn with audioguides available on the train
- Savour a 3-course lunch whilst on board
- Enjoy a round trip through Switzerland in one day
Back at the train station, you will take your seat in one of the panoramic coaches of the Glacier Express. Shortly after departure (around 11:45 AM), the lunch service will start. Enjoy a delicious meal as you pass through the famous Rhine gorge heading to Disentis. During your journey, audio commentary by headphone is available or you can simply ask your informative tour guide questions.
In Disentis, the train will start to climb to 2033-meters above sea level as a rough and scenic alpine landscape will pass by your window. On top of the Oberalp Pass, you will see a small lighthouse which your tour guide will entertain you with stories of. The train will start to descend on a steep track down to Andermatt, a village 1400-meters above sea level. The train will stop in Andermatt for 15-minutes, whilst here, you will have the chance to get off the train for some fresh air.
Your journey will continue through the 15-kilometer long "Furka" base tunnel and on through the “Goms” valley in the direction of Brig. This valley is known as a popular destination for summer hiking and winter sports. After a two hour trip you will arrive in Brig. Upon arrival, take the opportunity to hop-off the Glacier-Express train and walk around through the pedestrian zone and marvel at the palace Stockalper which your guide will take you on a tour of.
Your tour guide will lead you to the right train in Brig, where you will board an intercity train. From this point, your friendly guide will say farewell to you in Brig and will hand over all necessary tickets and information to you. The train that you board will take you to Bern, where you have a direct connection to Luzern.
- All taxes, fees and, handling charges
- Local and professional guide for your party only
- All transportation fees for trains & Glacier Express
- Seat reservation at the Glacier Express for your comfort
- 3-course lunch, served at your seat in the Glacier Express
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
• A minimum of 2-people per booking is required
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Tour is not recommended for children below 10-years of age due to the length of the train ride
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• For wheelchair assistance - please make contact before booking the tour
• Glacier Express train schedule changes frequently. Depending on seat availability, the tour can be in vice versa routing or on a later departure time