From Luang Prabang: Full-Day Kamu Community Heritage Tour
Pickup includedLuang Prabang city center hotels. Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby at the time the activity starts.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look into Kamu ethnic group
- Learn how to hunt crab
- Savor a lunch of freshl vegetables at a quiet farm
- Benefit from hands-on instruction for basic working in a field
- Join passionate local farmers to share knowledge and techniques
Take a tour of the village to see local life and then hop onto a tuk-tuk to the host’s rice farm. With your host, learn all about hunting crabs and collect the available vegetables at the farm to prepare for lunch. After savoring your home-cooked lunch, visit a local pineapple farm, pick some of these exotic fruits, and see the pineapples are cultivated (mid-May to mid-September).
Finally, discover how rice is planted at your host's farm, and find out how they control the wildlife on their farm, before you head back to your hotel at around 3:00 PM.
- Guided crossbow-making workshop
- Roundtrip transportation to/from your central Luang Prabang hotel
- Commentary in English
- Drinking water
Prepare for the activity
• You must be 8 or older to participate
• You do not need previous crafting experience
• Please bring mosquito repellent, hats and sunglasses
• Wear trekking shoes in the rainy season (May to October)
• Prepare long clothes and trekking shoes when you visit the pineapple farm
• Hotel pick-up is available from most centrally located Luang Prabang hotels