Stonehenge, Windsor Castle & Bath Tour
- Explore the Georgian terraces of Bath
- Get up-close to the monoliths of Stonehenge
- Visit Windsor, the town where the queen spends her weekends
- Learn more about the English writer Jane Austen in the Jane Austen Centre
- See the restored Roman Baths of Bath
- Explore the mysteries of Stonehenge at the new state-of-the-art visitors center
Depart London and head to Windsor which is dominated by the Castle and favored by the British monarchy since medieval times. You can buy a ticket and visit the castle during your stop here, or stay with your guide and explore this quaint river town, famed as the setting for Shakespeare’s play “The Merry Wives of Windsor”. It also has the shortest street in England and is the only town in England with a clock embedded in the pavement so you have no reason to be late for your next bus journey to Bath.
This strangely-named town was founded by the Romans on the site of a thermal spring, Bath has been a fashionable town for centuries. Your guide will lead you on a walking tour of the major highlights, including some of the lovely Georgian terraces of the city center. Then, enjoy some free time to explore on your own. Visit the Roman Baths, or go to the Jane Austen Center to learn about the author’s life and work.
Continue to Stonehenge, one of the Wonders of the world. The pre-historic stone circle and its surroundings is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site, and has recently been restored back to its original unaltered landscape. A small train takes you to the main site where you can marvel at the huge monoliths up close. Your guide will explain the research and theories behind the mysterious site to help you understand one of England’s greatest archaeological enigmas.
- Guided tour of Bath
- Entrance and guided visit to Stonehenge
- Transfers by air-conditioned coach
- English-speaking guide
- Audio headsets (where appropriate)
- Entrance to Windsor
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
When you get there
• This tour operates with a maximum of 25 participants per group
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking. Please wear comfortable shoes
• This tour is not recommended for people with health conditions that may affect fitness levels
• Regrettably this tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance, strollers or baby carriages