England: 3-Day Stonehenge, Bath & South West Coast Tour
- See the famous stone circles of Stonehenge
- Explore the Jurassic Coast of England
- Cross the wilds of Dartmoor
- Visit the Roman city of Bath
- Stay in Exeter at the center of the old Kingdom of Wessex
- Climb Glastonbury Tor
- Discover where Francis Drake used to live in Tavistock
- Marvel at the fan vaults of Bath Abbey
Depart London for the old Kingdom of Wessex en route to the famous Neolithic standing stone circle of Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain. Explore the mystical stones, which continue to confound historians to this day. Next, head for the dramatic south coast of Dorset, enjoying the panoramic views over white sand beaches, and the natural rock arch of Durdle Door.
Spend the afternoon on the Jurassic Coast before driving to the historic city of Exeter, which was the most southwesterly fortified settlement of the ancient Roman Empire. You will be based here for the next 2 nights.
Enjoy a morning exploring the wilderness of Dartmoor, including the ancient "Clapper Bridge" at Postbridge. Go to the market town of Tavistock, where Francis Drake used to live. Return to Exeter in the early afternoon to explore the Roman town’s underground passages and ancient walls. Visit the renovated Royal Albert Memorial Museum to find fascinating sections on zoology, archaeology, anthropology, and fine art. Marvel at the 12th-century Norman Cathedral, which boasts the longest uninterrupted vaulted ceiling in England.
On your final day, head to Glastonbury and visit Glastonbury Tor. Learn about its connection to Avalon and King Arthur, and climb the Tor for spectacular views across 3 English counties. Drive to the beautiful City of Bath for lunch, with time in the afternoon to explore the relics of its Roman past, including the famous Roman Baths. Admire the handsome Georgian architecture of the city center, and pop into the 7th-century Bath Abbey, noted for its fan vaulting and commemorative stained glass. Return to London for an early evening drop off.
- Transportation by top-of-the-range minicoach
- 2 night's bed and breakfast accommodation
- Food and drink
- Visitor attraction entry fees
Prepare for the activity
Stand 3 in the Greenline Coach Station, Bulleid Way, Victoria, SW1W 9SH. This is located directly behind Victoria Train Station and diagonally across from Victoria Coach Station. Please note that we do not depart from Victoria Coach Station.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Tour operate with a maximum 16 passengers for a more intimate and personalized service
• Please bring suitable clothing and footwear for country walks
• Accommodation is in small, locally owned guest houses. All rooms are en suite. The accommodation may be up to 20 minutes walk from the city center. Solo travelers should select the single room option. For 2 or more people, select the double room share option
• Minimum age to participate is 5 years
• Please note that participants are restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tour. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in), plus a small bag for personal items